Saturday 7 May 2011

The Amazingness of YOU!

Hello Chums,

What a lovely day it is today - the forecast rain appears to have been mis-forecast!

Today I am ruminating on the fantastical trip I take everyday called Life and the amazingness (is that even a word?) of the people I meet, know and love.  Life is a journey, a lesson to be learnt and a challenge that needs to be mastered.  Some people manage it easily and others have to struggle through - its hard and tough going sometimes, sometimes the ride is smooth but we all continue nevertheless trying to reach the end - where it is who knows and when we will get there is anybodys guess.

The thing about life that gets me though is the people you meet along the way - the ones who get or appear to anyway, everything and anything they want, they never struggle and everything appears to fall in their lap - do they appreciate it? Probably not, and do I really like them - those people definately not!  They are the people who annoy me most in the world - I try hard to make something of my life, I don't ask for much and I carry on regardless of whether times are easy or tough - I try not to moan and just appreciate what I have.  They think they have earnt what they have got and that everybody should bow down to their every need and whim - not me, you have to earn respect and you shoud strive to help others if you can. 

The people that mean most to me are those who don't actually think that highly of themselves.  They are the amazing people.  The people who have had so much happen to them, yet they don't play on it - they get on with life.  The ones who don't need to change themselves but have tried to do so to make others happy - forgoing their own happiness in the process.  The people who refuse to be victims and don't live off what has happened in the past but move on.  The ones who make mistakes but are brave enough to admit that they have done that and to actually learn from them and try not to do it again.  Those are the people I respect and the people I love.

So this is to all the amazing people out there - you know who you are!  Keep going, the end is in sight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment